People are injured every day in Georgia in accidents caused by someone else’s negligence. These kinds of accidents range from things you might expect, like motor-vehicle accidents and property neglect, to more unexpected causes like medical malpractice and dog bites. In addition to the physical pain and emotional toll that comes with a serious injury, you could suffer financially due to missed work and expensive medical bills.
As a Georgia personal injury attorney, Jonathan R. Brockman has seen all kinds of injuries caused by accidents. Our legal team can work with you to help you hold the parties responsible for your injuries accountable for their actions.
Some of the most common causes of accidental injuries in Georgia include:
- Car accidents– Drunk drivers, distracted driving, speeding, overly aggressive driving, and other types of negligence make motor-vehicle accidents one of the most common causes of accidental injuries in Georgia. The Georgia Strategic Highway Safety Planfor 2019-2021 reports that there were 24,648 serious injuries caused by motor-vehicle accidents in 2017. There were 1,549 fatalities in crashes that year as well.
- Truck accidents– Examples of negligence in truck accident cases include drivers not taking required breaks, drivers abusing drugs or alcohol, defective truck parts or shoddy maintenance, and trucking companies failing to make sure their drivers have the necessary qualifications. The Strategic Highway Safety Plan reports that 199 people died in truck accidents statewide in 2016 and that Georgia ranked fourth in the country for fatal crashes involving commercial vehicles. If you’ve been hurt in an accident with a commercial motor vehicle, be sure to talk to our Georgia truck accident lawyers.
- Dog bites– The American Veterinary Medical Association says 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs nationwide each year, and 800,000 people nationwide undergo medical treatment for dog bite injuries. Our Georgia dog bite attorneys have a deep knowledge of the state’s dog bite laws and know how to get you the money you deserve to compensate you for your injuries.
- Work-related injuries– From being hit by falling objects and tripping over frayed cords to industrial explosions and exposure to toxic chemicals, thousands of Georgia residents suffer work-related injuries every year. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports there were more than 78,000 cases of nonfatal workplace injuries and illnesses among private employers in Georgia just in 2019. If you’ve been injured on the job, be sure to speak to a workers’ compensation lawyer in Georgia to get the benefits you’re entitled to.
- Nursing home neglect– Nursing home neglect is a significant issue for many elderly Georgia residents. As part of its “Unprotected” series, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution found more than 600 cases of neglect and 90 cases of abuse at Georgia nursing homes over a four-year period. A Georgia nursing home neglect attorney can help you recover compensation for injuries suffered by you or a family member at a nursing home.
Don’t wait to speak to an attorney about the compensation you could receive for your injuries after an accident. Learn more by calling the law offices of Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C., today or visiting our contact page.